How to Create a Website Free of Cost
Why You Should Have a Website
Having a website is really beneficial if you have a business or a career. A website can provide more information regarding your business such as opening hours, products, services, mission and vision, contact information, social media handles, updates, and more.
Likewise, if you are an employee or self-employed, a website can give you leverage against your peers and competitors. You can turn it into an online portfolio where you can put your past projects, customer or client testimonials, skills, and contact details. This will help potential employers and clients know more about you. Furthermore, it will help you further in marketing yourself not just as a skilled worker but as a brand.
A website can also help with your side hustle or personal project. There are many people who have their own websites purely for the purpose of writing, showcasing their craft, promoting their product or service and for some website users, this has given them extra income in the process.
Would you like to be one of these people who owns a website but don’t know how to build one? Nowadays, it is really easy because of online tools and software. You can now even create a website for free! You don’t have to pay anything at all. Learn how to create a website free of cost with this step-by-step guide.
Free Website using Website Builders
Creating a website is now possible through the use of website builders. You may not know how to program, design a website template, know how to code, get a domain, etc. But all of this is made possible through a step-by-step process using a free website builder such as hPage.com.
Normally, a website builder with premium features and a custom domain name requires a small monthly fee which is very affordable. For hPage.com (which is the cheapest website builder I have seen so far), you only have to pay $5/month to use all premium features and business extras. However, it is also possible to use the online tool completely for free.
Building your own site using a website builder also makes your web pages search engine optimised. Search engines such as Google will automatically index your site as efficiently. So no need to know how to avoid SEO mistakes.
Of course, a free website has some downsides which are the following:
- No custom domain name (the ending of your website will look like this: www.xyz.hpage.com)
- Limited access of business features
- Premium website templates can’t be used
- No custom email address
- Limited storage space for files
Nevertheless, if you are looking for a website creator to get you started fast and easy, creating a site using a website builder is for you. No need for hiring a website developer or website designer anymore. You will be able to just Do It Yourself!
Getting Started with Website Creation
To get started with building your website, just follow these steps. You may tinker around the platform too if you like.
- Go to hPage.com website builder and sign up for an account.
- Choose a domain name. Your domain name is your website address or website name.
- Now it is time for you to pick out a design for your website. hPage offers hundreds of website themes to choose from. Depending on your niche, you can choose a theme that is related. Pick your website design under the ‘Designs’ option on the menu bar.
- After choosing your website design, it is not time to add the files you want to show on your website. These files can be pictures, videos, music, etc. Go to the ‘Files’ option on the menu bar and upload your files. You can also go back to this option at another time if you want to add more files.
- Start adding content to your web pages. To add your content, go to the ‘Pages’ option on the menu bar. You will see the Page Editor option. The Page Editor is where you can write the content for your website and sort your web pages accordingly. You may also add the files you uploaded on the Files menu on the Page Editor.
- After publishing your web pages, you may now arrange how they appear on your website. Go to the ‘Menu’ option to organize your website’s homepage menu.
And with these, you now have a website for free! You may upgrade your website any time should you choose to have the premium features, more website designs, custom domain, and larger storage space.