Choosing the right tires can be complicated if we don’t know the benefits that each one can have for our vehicle. In the case of Truck and bus tryes, there are several factors that we must take into account, such as how we will use these tires.
It is not the same to use a 4 × 4 truck to travel on roads without asphalt than to use an SUV to travel in the city. Each of them can make more efficient use of different types of tires.
SUV Truck Tires
The SUV or Sport Utility Vehicle is a lightweight SUV that combines elements of tourism vehicles with off-road vehicles.
This type of truck is often used a lot in the city since the tires that it usually uses have better road performance than those of a 4 × 4. Likewise, it does not usually use differential lock making it easier to handle.
What tires to use?
Lost SUV usually uses summer tires which are designed for efficient performance during the warmer months, but if you live in an area where there are very strong winters or where roads are often covered with rain, snow or ice, is recommends using all-season tires.
Some of the best SUV tires are:
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV: This tire is often used in high-end vehicles. It offers fast braking and its performance at high speeds is very good.
- Ovation VI-386 HP: This is also a good option since it is a good grip tire. Its main advantage is that it has a good water evacuation system so it is very useful on rainy days.
- Michelin Cross-climate: If you are looking for an all-season tire this may be one of the best you find. It offers great security and durability and although they are not very cheap, they are worth it.
Pick Up Truck Tires
The Pick Up is van that is usually used a lot in business since they have a loading area that allows transporting various objects.
This truck does not usually have a family or personal use and usually travels through rough areas or complicated roads. Because of this, it is important that you choose tires that have good performance with additional weight and that have a good grip on unpaved roads.
Some of the best tires for a pick-up are:
- Sumitomo Encounter HT All Seasons: It is a tire for all seasons that has a good grip system , although it is not recommended to use it in very complicated terrain since there are other tires that have better performance in that type of areas.
- Firestone Destination A / T All Terrain: These tires are very good for dealing with extreme climates, especially in areas with a lot of snow. They have a great grip which will allow you to maintain control and maneuverability of the vehicle.
4 × 4 trucks
The 4 × 4 is characterized by having the four-wheel drive of the car. These vehicles were designed to deal with all types of terrain providing the greatest control and maneuverability possible. It is often used to make trips to the countryside or to areas of complicated terrain or, in rescue teams.
The 4 × 4 tires must provide a great grip so that the vehicle does not suffer in slippery curves and does not lose control in difficult terrain. Hard-to-reach areas are not usually a problem for this vehicle since, if the front wheels have a problem, the rear wheels will push forward and vice versa.